Last Updated: June 13, 2019
The Information Jifflenow Collects
- Personal Information: In its course of business, Jifflenow collects personal information from its Users. This information includes contact information, such as their name, company name, address, business contact information, phone number, and e-mail address. Personal Information may not, however, include social security number, driver’s license number bank account information, credit rating, or other personal financial data
- User Information: Users have the opportunity to share various types of information amongst themselves through use of the Service. You can upload and post meeting details, your bio, photo, personal links and other documents you wish to have accessible to other users. This content along with all other information related to your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, meeting times, meeting occurrences and meeting logistics is stored and maintained on Jifflenow’s third-party server hosting partners. Providing your Personal Information and any other information about you via the Services, is voluntary and this information will be visible to other users and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with other users. Please be aware that any information that you choose to share on any publicly available portion of the Service or with third parties, including without limitation your personal page, calendar page, links to social network pages, blogs, may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- “Cookies” Information: When you access the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Jifflenow may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality available via the Service.
- Log Information: When you visit the service, like many website’s our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Information”). This Log Information may include information such as your IP address, date and time, browser type and the domain from which you are visiting. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider (or “ISP”), the IP address will be different every time you log on. We do not use this information to identify you personally. We use it to analyse usage trends, administer the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical maintenance.
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. Any person who provides their personal information to Jifflenow represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
The Way Jifflenow Uses Information
- Jifflenow uses the information that we collect to provide you all of the features and services found on the Service. We will use your email address, without further consent, for non-marketing or administrative purposes such as notifying you of major site updates.
- Jifflenow may use all of the information that we collect from our Users to understand the usage trends and preferences, to improve the way the Service works and looks, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to create new features and functionality.
- Jifflenow may use automatically collected information and cookies information to remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Service.
- Jifflenow will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
When Jifflenow Shares Information
- As a service provider, we do not independently use or disclose Personal Information transferred to us by, or on behalf of, a Client or an User for any purpose other than to process that information in order to fulfil our contractual business processing functions, except as required or permitted by law. Furthermore, we take all commercially reasonable steps to safeguard the Personal Information we hold against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the Personal Information is held. The precise nature of the safeguards we employ will vary depending on (i) the sensitivity of the Personal Information at issue, (ii) the format in which it is held, and (iii) the manner in which it is stored.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Jifflenow cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Jifflenow or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Jifflenow will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Jifflenow does not store this information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
- We use secure server software and firewalls to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- If Jifflenow learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Jifflenow may post a notice on the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change of Ownership or Other Business Transition
Log Files and Backups
- Like most Internet services, we use log files, both on the client and server side. The data held in log files includes your IP address, browser type, e-mail application, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit Web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, and user activity. Jifflenow uses server log data to analyse trends, administer the Services and the Site, and improve service levels. IP addresses are not tied to any Personally Identifiable Information.
- The Software has associated log and temporary files that are stored on your local hard drive and on Jifflenow’s servers. These files store Your Account Information, your permissions, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to operate the Jifflenow services.
- Your Information may also exist temporarily within regularly performed server backups.
- We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Jifflenow user name, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
- Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Jifflenow. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority.
Your Choices: Providing, Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Jifflenow, in which case Jifflenow will not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Service. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile. Non-Users may also request deletion of their Personal Information from our servers. If Users completely delete any such information, their use of the Services may be limited or terminated. If you would like us to delete your records in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request. See below for privacy contact information.
We reserve the right to retain your Personal Information or other data collected from you as a result of your use of the Services to prevent fraud and misuse of the Services.
Security and International Transfer
Jifflenow is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Jifflenow transfers Personal Information to the United States and maintains and processes it there. You consent to such transfer.
How do we train and manage our associates?
We educate our associates about our information security policies and practices, and use reasonable efforts to help ensure that our associates comply with these policies and practices. These efforts include: Conducting appropriate background checks of all newly-hired associates; Including information on Jifflenow’s policies in our associate orientation process; Requiring associates to execute appropriate non-disclosure agreements; Including information on our policies and practices on the Jifflenow website; Disseminating information on our policies and procedures to associates at appropriate intervals; Limiting access to Personal Information to associates with a business need for seeing it; Promptly ending associate access to systems and facilities upon termination of associate services; Monitoring associates for compliance with policies; and imposing appropriate disciplinary measures for breaches of policies and procedures.
How do we ensure the security of our facilities?
We use third-party server hosting partners’ highly secure to host all our applications. We may also host your Personal Information on our servers. Please contact us at email@example.com for further information about security at our third-party server hosting partner or our servers.
How do we ensure the security of our information systems?
Information systems include network and software design, as well as information processing, storage, transmission, retrieval and disposal. We employ policies and practices to protect Personal Information throughout its life cycle – from data entry to data disposal. These policies and practices include, among other things:
- Requiring use of virus protection software on all computer systems attached to Jifflenow client server network;
- Limiting all access to Jifflenow resources and networks to approved configurations and utilizing appropriate identification and authentication methods;
- Utilizing firewalls (which are configured and maintained in accordance with industry-standard procedures and specifications);
- Requiring appropriate disposal of all documents and electronic media containing Personal Information;
- Employing appropriate intrusion detection, monitoring, and logging capabilities to enable detecting and responding to potential security breaches;
- Maintaining appropriate incident handling procedures for responding to any breaches;
- Regularly obtaining and installing patches to address software vulnerabilities;
- Developing Client applications utilizing appropriate security methods including multiple-factor authentication, strong passwords, session time-outs, and access controls;
- Encrypting of Data in transit, rest and backups.
- Maintaining adequate disaster recovery and business continuity plans for all core functions.
What additional safeguards do we have in place to protect Personal Information?”
Due to the constantly changing nature of technologies and security concerns, we conduct appropriate, periodic reviews of our security policies and practices. Additionally, periodic assessments are conducted as appropriate. All allegations of system or data misuse (by associates, contractors or any third parties) are thoroughly investigated by Jifflenow in accordance with our policies, and reported to law enforcement authorities where appropriate.
How long will we retain Personal Information?
We may keep a record of User’s Personal Information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to the Client, to which access by our associates and by any third parties with whom we contract will be strictly limited on a business need-to-know basis. We will retain User’s Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was transferred to us, or as required or permitted by law. We have established minimum and maximum retention periods, as well as appropriate procedures for the destruction and disposal of Personal Information.
How do we update Personal Information such that it is sufficiently accurate for processing purposes?
As a service provider of business processing functions, we rely on our Users to provide us with updated Personal Information on an ongoing basis, as necessary in relation to our provision of the services. Upon receipt of updated Personal Information, we will amend the User’s Personal Information that we hold where such amendment is reasonably necessary to enable us to continue providing the services to the Client in accordance with our contractual obligations as a service provider. This updating of Personal Information is rarely performed.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Jifflenow has self-certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks set forth by the U.S Department of Commerce with respect to collection, use and retention of Customer Data.
For more information, see our Privacy Shield Notice. We may process some personal data from individuals or companies via other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, refer to https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
iPolipo, Inc. DBA Jifflenow,
1245 S WINCHESTER BLVD, #201,
SAN JOSE, CA 95128.